Madlienas Meņģeles ev. lut. draudze.
Senrakstos tā pirmoreiz minēta 1438; pastorāts 1588. Baznīcas mūri ap 2 m. Biezi, kas norāda, ka tā ir viena no vecākām Latvijā. Ziemeļu karā un mērī tā zaudēja arī mācītāju, un kādu laiku to apkopa Suntažu mācītājs. Ar 1724 tā tika pie sava mācītāja. Baznīcas stāvoklis bija bēdīgs: logi izplēsti, jumts caurs, sēdekļi salauzti, altāris bez kādiem ornātiem. Ļaudis no dievvārdiem bij atraduši. 1727 atjaunoja baznīcas amatus, ielika baznīcai logus un izlaboja jumtu. 1732 uzcēla mācītāja muižai jaunas ēkas. Mācītājs sūdzas, ka ļaudis nenākot baznīcā. Nesūtot arī bērnus skolā, jo trūkstot maizes, ko dot līdzi. Priekš Pasaules kara draudzē bij ap 8500 locekļu, to starpā 250 vācu. Draudzē bij šādu bruņnieku muižu novadi: Ķeipenes, Plāteres, Sila (Veclakstenes), Lielās muižas, Zādzenes, Lauberes, Vērenes, Meņģeles, Aderkašu, Taurupes, Lakstenes, daļa Suntažu un Ozolmuižas.
(Latviešu konversācijas vārdnīca XIII. Rīga, 1935.-1936)
A church in Madliena named after Magdalene is first mentioned in docu-ments from the year 1246. A masonry church (capacity 300) without a sacristy is mentioned in 1438. In 1668 the con¬gregation was forced to pay fines for leaving the church in disrepair - the building had no roof, doors, windows, pulpit, or bell. In 1679 the church was partially renovated and a tower was built. But by 1713 the building was again described as being in very poor condition and likely to collapse during a storm. Construction on a sacristy and complete renovation of the church began in 1731. New rafters and a new tile roof were put on the church in 1780. In 1781 von Holstein donated 500 dalders for the renovation of the tower. The mason M. Kozlovskis and his apprentice Meyer built the tower in 1783, but the tower collapsed that same year. A new tower was built in 1789. The sacristy was enlarged in 1892-1893. The top of the tower was bombarded in 1944 during World War II, and draw-ings from 1949 still show the tower with no steeple. Drawings made in 1971 by an inspector of historical monuments show a rebuilt Baroque steeple and a shingle roof covering the nave. Although a low pyramidal roof replaced the steeple in the 1970s, the church regained a Baroque steeple in 2000. The nave and steeple roofing was renovated in 2000. The exterior of the tower was renovated in 2005, and painting of the exterior was begun in 2006. The Madliena church is a rectangu¬lar stone and brick building with a rec-tangular altar apse, a sacristy addition, and a three-story tower with a Baroque steeple. The medieval nave walls are 1.9 meters thick and have rectangular windows with frames formed of plaster. Inside, Tuscan columns support curved Baroque balconies along the back and sides of the nave. The Madliena organist and carpenter K. F. Huhn (1799-1875) built the Neo-Classicism style altar retable in 1846. It consists of two pilasters and a half-arch decorated with ribbon and acrote-rion ornaments. G. R. Kahring's (1807-1858) painting "Christ on the Cross" was placed on the retable in 1846. A painting of the same subject matter by Prof. K. T. Huhn (1830-1877, the son of the organist) replaced Kahring's painting in 1872. After his arrival in Madliena in 1823, the teacher, organist, organ builder, and sexton K. F. Huhn built an organ, which was bought by the church for 100 silver rubles. The organ was destroyed during World War I. In 1923 the congregation obtained an organ with eight registers from the Piebalga congre¬gation. It is assumed that this organ was destroyed during World War II, because records from 1938 mention that there is an electric Hammond organ in the church. Cunently (2007) there is no organ in the church. A large cast-iron bell (0 1.41 m) hangs in the bell tower.